Plesk SMTP Qmail server responds slowly
Release date: 12 may 2006
Problem: Slow response Qmail mailsever plesk. Telnet sessions do connect, but responds slow. Sometimes it takes 25 to 30 seconds. Mail can be sent through mailclient but it takes quite a long time.
- Open /etc/inetd.conf (FreeBSD)
- The two lines you're looking for start with "smtp" and "smtps". (At the bottom)
- Add the following: '-Rt0' after the second "tcp-env" in:
smtp stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/relaylock ( ... etc)
- Do the same with the "smtps"-line
- The should look like this:
smtp stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/relaylock
smtps stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/relaylock
- Save inetd.conf en restart the demon. Problem solved!